The Subic Bay Freeport that was formerly an American naval base in the Philippines has transformed into a bustling free trade zone and industrial complex that offers leisure and recreation to tourists who are in for a fun-filled vacation. With the many must-do activities in Subic, we narrowed them into a list of ten for your convenience:
- Stare down a tiger – Get up close and personal with a tiger at the Zoobic Safari. Get close enough, even, to smell the chicken they just ate on their breath. The Zoobic Safari locks up its visitors in a caged jeepney and enters the haven for these huge cats. Guides will feed the tigers will live chicken as they seemingly come right to you for a hair-raising experience.
- Swim with a friendly dolphin –Aside from the number of shows lined up each day where guests will be able to see various stunts and tricks performed by the dolphins, whales and sea lions, Ocean Adventure allows visitors to swim with the highly trained and friendly dolphins for a unique adventure.
- Be a survivor – Hike along the Pamulaklakin forest trail along with a real jungle survivor that will teach you all of the survival tricks of life. These forest rangers are passing their skills to tourists just in case they find themselves in the middle of the jungle.
- I believe I can fly – Fly like superman or zip line from the tree top face-down, the Tree Top Adventure will definitely get your heart pumping with its exhilarating activities.
- Hold your horses – Stop by El Kabayo Equestrian Center and go horseback riding in the jungles and forests of Subic. Horses found in the stable are imported from Australia, Argentina and the U.S with thoroughbreds, saddlebreds, thoroughbreds and quarter horses found all throughout the center.
- Pamper yourself – Take an afternoon off and pamper yourself at one of the many spas along the Subic Bay area. Indulge in the 5-star spa experience at the famous Ritz Spa.
- Stroll along the beach – Subic Bay is well known for their beaches filled with the calm waters. Head to the All Hands Beach or Dungaree Beach and dip into the pristine waters of Subic.
- Groove to the Beat – Subic is home to a number of entertainment venues that come to life at night. Visit any of the bars or clubs in Subic and watch the Filipino love for music rock the town until the wee hours of the morning.
- Pretend you’re rich – Rent a yacht and explore the Subic Bay or opt to sail on a short cruise with your significant other. You may think that these activities don’t come cheap but from the wide variety of sizes and styles of yachts available, visitors will be sure to find one within their budget.
- Get Wrecked – Subic is famous for its wreck diving sites as a result of battles fought during World War II. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert diver, discover the different shipwrecks located around the Subic Bay and be mesmerized by the abundant marine life.
Make sure to have enough time to do each of these activities in Subic to mark your unforgettable Subic vacation!